Saturday, February 18, 2012

Andrew Symonds retires from all forms of cricket


Former Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds announced his retirement from professional cricket including this year's IPL.

Australian former all-rounder Andrew Symonds announces retirement from cricket

Cricket has given me enormous opportunities in my life and I will always be grateful for this.  Recently I have had several new and exciting opportunities come my way, and I have decided it’s time to commit to and develop the next stage of my life," Symonds said in his statement.
During my time in cricket I have enjoyed the support of many and made numerous friends. I hope to continue to enjoy these friendships through the next stage of my life.

It has brought to an end a troubled career for this big hitting Australian maverick. He played a key role in the Australia's World Cup victories in 2003 and 2007. 
Andrew Symonds also appeared in the Indian version of Big Brother called Bigg Boss in the season 5 as a celebrity guest.

Andrew Symonds, who played for Mumbai Indians IPL team, retires from professional cricket

About his association with Mumbai Indians IPL team and not being able to play this year's IPL - Symonds said
It is with regret that I will not be able to fulfill my final year of the IPL with the Mumbai Indians.  Mumbai Indians and the IPL have both been very supportive of me, but the impending arrival of my first child is a priority. I appreciate their understanding in my making this decision and I wish the team every success this year.

Andrew Symonds played 26 Tests, scoring 1462 runs at 41 with two hundreds and 198 one-day matches, making 5088 runs at 40 runs average with six centuries.


Share this post with your friends....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...